Date of Last Revision: October 13, 2021
We reserve the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in the Terms or any policy or guideline of the Site, at any time and in our sole discretion. Any changes or modification will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Site, and you waive any right you may have to receive specific notice of such changes or modifications. Your continued use of these Site following the posting of changes or modifications will confirm your acceptance of such changes or modifications.
- Mobile Communications. You consent to our communicating with you about the Site and the Campaign by SMS, text message, email or other electronic means. Your carrier’s normal, messaging, data, and other rates and fees will apply to these communications.
If you subscribe to any text programs that the Campaign makes available, the following terms apply:
(b) Neither the Campaign nor the participating carriers guarantee that messages will be delivered. The Campaign may discontinue the program at any time without notice.
(c) You represent and warrant that you are supplying your own phone number, and not someone else’s, and that you agree to provide us with notice if you are no longer the primary user of that number.
(d) You acknowledge and agree that you may opt-out of receiving further mobile messages via any opt-out keywords that are universally recognized, including, but not limited to, STOP, UNSUBSCRIBE, CANCEL, END, or QUIT. You acknowledge that any opt-out method not expressly provided in this opt-out provision is unreasonable.
(e) You may not receive mobile messages if you are under thirteen (13) years of age and if you are between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years of age, you must have your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to register to receive mobile messages.
- Copyright and Limited License. Unless otherwise indicated in the Site, the Site and all content and other materials on the Site, including, without limitation, the Campaign’s logo, and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, tools, widgets, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof (collectively, the “Site Materials”) are the proprietary property of the Campaign or its licensors or users and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. You are granted a limited, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Site and the Site Materials for your informational, non-commercial and personal use only. Such license is subject to these Terms and does not include: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Site or the Site Materials therein; (b) the reproduction, distribution, public performance or public display of any Site Materials, except as expressly permitted on the Site; (c) modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Site and the Site Materials, or any portion thereof; (d) use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (e) downloading (other than the page caching) of any portion of the Site, the Site Materials or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Site; or (f) any use of the Site or the Site Materials other than for its intended purpose. Any use of the Site or the Site Materials other than as specifically authorized herein, without the prior written permission of the Campaign, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the license granted herein. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. This license is revocable at any time.
- Trademarks. All logos and slogans contained in the Site are trademarks of the Campaign, its suppliers or licensors, or other third parties and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the Campaign or the applicable trademark holder. You may not use any metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any name, trademark or service mark of the Campaign without our prior written permission. In addition, the look and feel of the Site, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of the Campaign and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, and supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation thereof by us.
- Hyperlinks. You may not use a Campaign logo or other proprietary graphic of the Campaign to link to these Site without the express written permission of the Campaign. Further, you may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Campaign trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found at the Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page on the Site without the Campaign’s express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright or proprietary right of the Campaign or any third party. The Campaign makes no claim or representation regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature, or reliability of third-party Web sites accessible by hyperlink from the Site, or Web sites linking to the Site. Such sites are not under the control of the Campaign and the Campaign is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any review, changes or updates to such sites. The Campaign provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement, or adoption by the Campaign of any site or any information contained therein. When you leave the Site, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site.
- Third Party Content. We may make third party information and other content available on or through the Site (the “Third Party Content”) as a service to those interested in this information and we may provide information regarding or access to third party products or services available on or through the Site (“Third Party Products and Services”). Your business dealings or correspondence with such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated therewith, are solely between you and such third party. The Campaign does not control, endorse or adopt any Third Party Content or Third Party Products, and makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding the Third Party Content, including without limitation regarding its accuracy or completeness. You acknowledge and agree that the Campaign is not responsible or liable in any manner for any Third Party Content and undertakes no responsibility to update or review any Third Party Content. Users use such Third Party Content contained therein at their own risk.
- Advertisements and Promotions; Third-Party Products and Services. The Campaign may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site or may otherwise provide information about or links to third-party organizations, products, or services on the Site. Your dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions are solely between you and such third party. The Campaign is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or promotions or as the result of the presence of such non-Campaign advertisers or third party information on the Site.
- Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or other information or materials regarding the Site or the Campaign that are provided by you in the form of email or other submissions to the Campaign, or any postings on the Site (“User Content”), are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of the Campaign. The Campaign shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these materials for any purpose without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Campaign, its independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to any User Content you post, store or otherwise transmit on or through the Site, or any act or omission relating to the Site or the User Content, including without limitation any actual or threatened suit, demand or claim made against the Campaign and/or its independent contractors, service providers, employees, directors or consultants, arising out of or relating to the User Content, your conduct, your violation of these Terms or your violation of the rights of any third party.
- Disclaimers. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED TO THE CONTRARY IN A WRITING BY THE CAMPAIGN, THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH (THE “SERVICES”) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE CAMPAIGN DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND AS TO ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, FORMS OR OTHER SITE MATERIALS ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE. THE CAMPAIGN DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS OR THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE.
THE CAMPAIGN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATING TO PRICING, TEXT OR PHOTOGRAPHY. WHILE THE CAMPAIGN ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES SAFE, THE CAMPAIGN CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, THE SITE MATERIALS OR THE SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD.
THE CAMPAIGN IS ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY THIRD PARTY ACTIVITIES OR EVENTS LISTED ON THE SITE OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY EVENT OR ACTIVITY ORGANIZERS OR OTHER USERS OF THE SITE.
The Campaign reserves the right to change any and all content contained in the Site and any Services offered through the Site at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the Campaign.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CAMPAIGN OR OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR VOLUNTEERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT OR THE SITE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE CAMPAIGN, OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO THE CAMPAIGN’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE CAMPAIGN, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR THE SITE MATERIALS EXCEED ANY COMPENSATION YOU PAY, IF ANY, TO THE CAMPAIGN FOR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE.
- Dispute Resolution; Binding Arbitration.
Please read the following section carefully because it requires you to arbitrate certain disputes and claims with the Campaign and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us, unless you opt out of arbitration by following the instructions set forth below. No class or representative actions or arbitrations are allowed under this arbitration provision. In addition, arbitration precludes you from suing in court or having a jury trial.
No Representative Actions. You and the Campaign agree that any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Site is personal to you and the Campaign and that any dispute will be resolved solely through individual action, and will not be brought as, and you hereby waive the right to bring, a class arbitration, class action or any other type of representative proceeding.
Arbitration of Disputes. Except for small claims disputes in which you or the Campaign seeks to bring an individual action in small claims court located in the county of your billing address, you and the Campaign waive your rights to a jury trial and to have any other dispute arising out of or related to these Terms or our Site, including claims related to privacy and data security, (collectively, “Disputes”) resolved in court. Instead, for any Dispute that you have against the Campaign you agree to first contact the Campaign and attempt to resolve the claim informally by sending a written notice of your claim (“Notice”) to the Campaign by email at [email protected] The Notice must (a) include your name, residence address, email address, and telephone number; (b) describe the nature and basis of the Dispute; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. Our notice to you will be similar in form to that described above. If you and the Campaign cannot reach an agreement to resolve the Dispute within thirty (30) days after such Notice is received, then either party may submit the Dispute to binding arbitration administered by JAMS or, under the limited circumstances set forth above, in court. All Disputes submitted to JAMS will be resolved through confidential, binding arbitration before one arbitrator. Arbitration proceedings will be held in Washington, DC unless you are a consumer, in which case you may elect to hold the arbitration in your county of residence. For purposes of this Section 12, a “consumer” means a person using the Site for personal, family or household purposes. You and the Campaign agree that Disputes will be held in accordance with the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“JAMS Rules”). The most recent version of the JAMS Rules are available on the JAMS website and are hereby incorporated by reference. You either acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the JAMS Rules or waive your opportunity to read the JAMS Rules and waive any claim that the JAMS Rules are unfair or should not apply for any reason.
You and the Campaign agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the enforceability of this Section 12 will be substantively and procedurally governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. (the “FAA”), to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. As limited by the FAA, these Terms and the JAMS Rules, the arbitrator will have exclusive authority to make all procedural and substantive decisions regarding any Dispute and to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in court, including the power to determine the question of arbitrability. The arbitrator may conduct only an individual arbitration and may not consolidate more than one individual’s claims, preside over any type of class or representative proceeding or preside over any proceeding involving more than one individual.
The arbitration will allow for the discovery or exchange of non-privileged information relevant to the Dispute. The arbitrator, the Campaign, and you will maintain the confidentiality of any arbitration proceedings, judgments and awards, including information gathered, prepared and presented for purposes of the arbitration or related to the Dispute(s) therein. The arbitrator will have the authority to make appropriate rulings to safeguard confidentiality, unless the law provides to the contrary. The duty of confidentiality does not apply to the extent that disclosure is necessary to prepare for or conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, in connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy or in connection with a judicial challenge to an arbitration award or its enforcement, or to the extent that disclosure is otherwise required by law or judicial decision.
You and the Campaign agree that for any arbitration you initiate, you will pay the filing fee (up to a maximum of $250 if you are a consumer), and the Campaign will pay the remaining JAMS fees and costs. For any arbitration initiated by the Campaign, the Campaign will pay all JAMS fees and costs. You and the Campaign agree that the courts of the District of Columbia and of the United States sitting in the District of Columbia have exclusive jurisdiction over any appeals and the enforcement of an arbitration award.
Any Dispute must be filed within one year after the relevant claim arose; otherwise, the Dispute is permanently barred, which means that you and the Campaign will not have the right to assert the claim.
You have the right to opt out of binding arbitration within 30 days of the date you first accepted the terms of this Section 12 by emailing us at [email protected] In order to be effective, the opt-out notice must include your full name and address and clearly indicate your intent to opt out of binding arbitration. By opting out of binding arbitration, you are agreeing to resolve Disputes in accordance with Section 13.
If any portion of this Section 12 is found to be unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (a) the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall be severed from these Terms; (b) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision shall have no impact whatsoever on the remainder of this Section 12 or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims on an individual basis pursuant to this Section 12; and (c) to the extent that any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims shall be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration. Further, if any part of this Section 12 is found to prohibit an individual claim seeking public injunctive relief, that provision will have no effect to the extent such relief is allowed to be sought out of arbitration, and the remainder of this Section 12 will be enforceable.
With respect to any text programs offered by the Campaign, the Campaign’s platform provider is a third-party beneficiary of the foregoing arbitration, class action, and jury waiver provisions.
- Governing Law and Venue. Any dispute arising from these Terms and your use of the Site will be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, except to the extent preempted by U.S. federal law, without regard to conflict of law rules or principles (whether of the District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. Any dispute between the parties not subject to arbitration will be resolved in the courts of the District of Columbia and the United States, respectively, sitting in the District of Columbia.
- Termination. Notwithstanding any of these Terms, the Campaign reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Site, and to block or prevent future your access to and use of the Site.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Questions & Contact Information. Questions or comments about the Site may be directed to the Campaign at the following email address: [email protected]